Saturday, April 22, 2006

Taco Soup


Taco Soup

1-2 lbs ground beef
1 c. diced onion
3-4 15 oz cans tomatoes
1 15 oz can of pinto beans
1 15 oz can of kidney beans
1 15 oz can of whole kernel corn
1 pkg Ranch dressing mix
1 pkg of taco mix
1 4 oz can/jar chopped green chilies
1 cup water
taco chips
shredded cheese

Brown meat and onion; drain. Add tomatoes, beans, corn, taco mix, dressing mix, chilies, and water. Cook slowly for 1 - 1-1/2 hours. Serve with cheese and taco or Frito chips - I also serve w/a dollop of sour cream.

Note: I don't drain any of the cans.

This is a nice, hearty soup and a standard at our house - there's always some in the freezer.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Yum...this sounds mighty good! I have a recipe for Taco Soup, too--similar but not identical. That ranch dressing packet sounds like an intriguing addition. Definitely going to have to try it!
Thanks for sharing!

4/23/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Melani said...

*sigh* I love Taco Soup. Sadly, it is not on my current regimine (sp?) of Jenny Craig.

I just love reading your blog!

4/23/2006 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home